Yesterday, I mentioned a number of blog conversations I'd been following, discussing what aspects of the Bible and our faith are cultural. I've not commented on any of these posts, because I'm afraid that I currently lack the mental energy to be my usual humble, gracious self. (You get that about me, right?)
The Questions Being Discussed
The kind of questions that are being discussed inlcude:
- Is the Bible relevant today?
- Should women be silent in church?
- Are Men allowed to have long hair?
- Are we permitted to beat or kill our children?
- Must women submit to their husbands?
- How should we respond to divorce?
- Is homosexuality an abomination in the eyes of the Lord?
- Should we still seek to multiply and fill the earth, even with overpopulation in many areas?
- What about tithing?
- The holy kiss?
- Is intercourse forbidden during menstruation?
The Concerns Behind the Questions Being Discussed
It seems to me - and obviously this is partly assumption on my part - that the kind of concerns behind questions like these include:Read more...